Web Page Types
The web pages generally fall into these four basic categories.
1. Informational Pages, which include independent and scholarly research, reference sources, and fact sheets.
- Informational pages may be assembled by independent authors, companies, or by government.
2. News and Journalistic Sources, including news sites, electronic journals, and online magazines/newspapers.
3. Advocacy Pages are web sites created to "raise consciousness" about a particular view of an issue.
- Note that advocacy groups are often considered non-profit organizations. If the group has its own domain name, it will usually end with .org.
4. Personal Home Pages are fairly informal places where authors can publish anything.