RULES WITH NO EXCEPTIONS
1. Come to class prepared: bring a pencil and sketchbook
2. Cellphones used for class work ONLY
3. If late, you must have a pass from previous class.
SAFETY RULES AND PROCEDURES
1. Come prepared. Art is about breaking rules! However, artists follow certain procedures to ensure their work environment is safe. A safe studio promotes creative artwork.
2. Know your materials. Use approved classroom materials you are familiar using.
3. Know your process. Use only art materials that you have received instruction in how use properly. Never guess you know how to use certain tools.
4. Beware of your surroundings. Certain equipment requires training. If a tool is broken, tell the teacher. Do not use.
Never cut with an Exacto Knife on art tables without a cutting board!
5. Work safely. Be aware of the tools and equipment being used around you. The best way to prevent an accident is to stay alert.
6. Clean up!!! Clean up generally takes 4-5 minutes before the bell! Wash paintbrushes! Put all equipment and tools away properly. Do not start clean up earlier than 5 minutes without permission. Be responsible!!!
7. Wash anything you get dirty which may include table and chairs!
8. Put all projects away properly! If you leave them out, they will be thrown away.
9. Be sure your project has your name on it!!.
PROHIBITED BEHAVIOR AND ACTIONS
1. Refusal to work.
2. Refusal to clean up.
3. Wasting or abusing art materials and tools
4. Tampering or causing intentional harm to another student's work.
5. Painting, drawing or putting any art materials on yourself or another student.