Mrs. Partyka's Class - Welcome to Mrs. Partyka's Class
What’s happening in Mrs. Partyka’s first grade class!
Week of October 19th-23rd
- Fact practice
- Addition story problems
- Strategies for counting on
- Ways to make 10
- Identifying missing addends
- Introduce subtraction
- Test “Gus Takes aTrain” Tuesday, October 20th
- Identify short /u/ sound
- Introduce high frequency words
- Review short vowel sounds
- Review Unit #1 stories and skills (beginning Wednesday)
- Spell words with short /u/ sound test Tuesday, October 20th
- Identify adjectives
- Review grammar skills ; verbs, nouns, and adjectives (beginning Wednesday)
- Review words with short vowel sounds (beginning Wednesday)
- Discuss energy and its uses
- Weekly Reader
- Discuss how news and information is conveyed
- Discuss taxation and needs and wants
~Students will test on lesson 5 (“Gus Takes a Train”) spelling, language, and reading on Tuesday, October 20th .
~Homework folders are due Tuesday, October 20th .
~Picture Day Wednesday, October 21st.
~Beginning on Wednesday we will be reviewing Unit 1 skills. We will not have a new story. We will be reviewing everything in the current book. We will have a unit test on the information next week.