Hello South Allegheny Families,
Please read the following information carefully.
The South Allegheny Technology Department is holding this year's device distribution event on Wednesday, August 17th, 2022 from 9 AM to 6 PM at our high school cafeteria entrance. Students going into grades 3, 6, and 9 will receive new Chromebooks at the event. Incoming Kindergarteners will receive their iPads at the Kindergarten Orientation event on 8/18/22 at South Allegheny Elementary School. All other grade levels will keep their currently assigned devices and will not be receiving a new device.
IMPORTANT: Even if your child is not receiving a new device, you must either accept or deny the optional insurance policy for your child's device for the current school year. This means, if you have multiple children, you will need to complete the insurance registration process multiple times, once for each child. The insurance waiver is $15 per student per year. If you do not accept or deny the optional insurance policy and damage to the device occurs, the Technology Department will default to charging full price for any repairs and/or replacements. Please see the 1:1 Device information page on the school's website for more information and repair costs.
Insurance registrations must be completed before you’re able to take the new device with you. It is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED that you complete the insurance registration prior to the day of the event as it will speed up your visit to the school. Please see the instructions linked below:
- To register for the insurance, please visit www.one2onerisk.com and use your child’s student ID number (available in Skyward) to register.
- Video Instructions: https://youtu.be/cpjiXXx113o
- PDF Instructions: https://drive.google.com/file/d/18U7_xdRMrW5OOnNpjciDU_YZYKs7OQeQ/view?usp=sharing
If you are unable to make it during the event day, the main offices in each building will coordinate the exchange and pickup of the new device.
All students are required to have an adequate device to complete their daily schoolwork. If you choose to opt out of a school-issued device, you must complete the district opt-out form linked below:
FOR STUDENTS GOING INTO 6 AND 9
When you arrive at the school on the day of the event, please bring your child’s existing device AND charger (that you have kept over the summer) to complete the exchange. We will be filing insurance claims for any and all missing devices and/or chargers.
- Only students in grades 3, 6, and 9 will be receiving new devices at the event on August 17th.
- Kindergarteners will receive their iPads during Kindergarten Orientation on August 18th.
- Students in all other grade levels will keep their assigned devices and will not be receiving a new device on August 17th.
- Parents/guardians must accept or deny the optional device insurance policy for each individual child, regardless of whether they're receiving a new device or keeping their existing one.
- If your child is not taking a district-owned device, you must complete the 1:1 Device Opt Out Form.
If you have any questions regarding devices or the device insurance policy, please email [email protected].
South Allegheny Technology Department